21 Feb 2012

Debt

Last Saturday I attended the prize ceremony. Well, I was only a small potato and my responsibility was but to get a small award and (most of the time) clapped my hands for the true winners. Everyone deserved to be where they were that day.

At the end pages of the booklet there were some words from these winners. I immediately had my eyes focusing on my idol JC. He was perhaps one of the most successful medical graduates of our school. He was not just knowledgeable but also he was a kind and sincere person. I tried my best to learn the most from him, whenever I had the chance.

I also noticed that his classmate (who was also a very great graduate in our school) SC and CJC (who is currently a final year senior) was on the page. They had a few things in common. First they had the same surname, and they were very modest, attributing their success to all the people who taught them in these years. They all said, they were indebted.

My face went reddened because all my ego and grandiosity was exposed. I was indeed a small potato who claimed myself so great. The truly towering figures, in contrast, manifested the true knowledge: the true knowledge of the heart of medicine. I am also indebted. From now on I will be a modest one who will listen to others' opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment