22 Feb 2012

我願意

The music video per se was completely rubbish.

There was no point in making an overrated model who could only make postures and smiles in a video like this. It did not convey any message about the song at all. Also, there was no point for Atsushi to wear a suit in a classic Chinese building (or Japanese one in fact?). What did it tell? I was completely confused.

However, the song was a classic. I never imagine that a male voice could produce such a delicate and yet emotional output. I used to wonder if a man could sing a song like this (which Faye Wong had made an obviously formidable barrier to every singer by setting a heavenly standard). The Japanese did it. He did it wonderfully, even though Mandarin was not his first language.

This was the first song that came to my mind when I thought about the permissive ending of The Return of the Condor Heroes. I also thought about the song when I had that special dream previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment