29 Nov 2012

Opposite

Our  nephrologist recently commented that his memory was quite a selective one (http://ccszeto.blogspot.hk/2012/11/memory.html). He ended his entry by saying:

A good memory is a bad (selective) memory.

After reading his writing, I hope to have the way that he brain did to memorize life events (as well as the book knowledge to pass the final exams!).

My memory is not as selective as his is. Sometimes I woke up because of the bad dreams. The details of the bad dreams could be something that have never happened. However, sometimes, snapshots of bad memories came into that virtual world that woke me up, scaring me. I do have the mentality to put them away from my reality, but they could still stay in the theater of dreams.

 At the same time I forgot a lot of good things that happened in the past, which nurtured and benefited me. The old days with my friends started to fade, after all these years of studying. I tried so hard to grasp. But as you know, they are just like water which you cannot hold in on your hands forever. They can slip out from the fingers or evaporate.

So I wish my memory would be the collection of good memories which keep me going everyday, and some bad memories that keep me going the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment