29 Nov 2012

Seating

One cold night RW and I decided to repeat the success last year, which was to have a hot pot together.

We went to the notorious chain restaurant which had a pseudo-French name. Actually, the hot pot was not expensive, and the content was satisfying if you did not really have an extraordinary appetite.

It would be better if the couple sitting besides us were a happy one. Initially, we found a madam seating on a chair with three emptied seats around her, and we politely her if we can take two seats. (Foreigners may not understand, but in Hong Kong, this manner of sharing the same table with different people are very common, particularly during the peak hour.) She kindly agreed.

But when we seated ourselves for a while, waiting for the hot pot, a man who looked like the husband of the lady came to us, asking us to leave so two of them could have their meals (also hot pot) conveniently by spreading the raw food. I immediately left my seat with RW, looking around the restaurant to fight for the available seats, but we failed. Thus we could do nothing but return to the original seats, persuading the couples that there were not other seats and customers who had hot pot also had limited space. We sit down before the husband talk. The madam said nothing. We said nothing more to them. The situation was so embarrassing, to him alone.

RW and I started to talk everything we want during our meal, as if the couple had left. The couple could not talk anything, the wife looking on the table and the husband staring and blaming her wife with his angry eyes.

Their meal came finally. RW noticed that the husband prayed before he ate, indicating that he was likely a Christian. I believed that the wife was too.

I know, he was asking God to forgive our sin.

**********************************************

One day my mother asked me to come with her to go to church.

I told her that I've seen a lot of bad people in the church, and I dared not to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment