14 Nov 2012

Wound

My mother got a unhealed wound on her finger. After an operation it did not seem to heal. We finally decided she find a private surgeon for her problem.

She had a friend whose son was a radiologist. Through this radiologist she found a consultant surgeon in a private hospital, J. You know what, the surgeon used to be my teacher during my junior clerkship 2 years ago. Given full confidence, she had the advice from this kind surgeon and had a referral letter back to the teaching hospital I am in.

My mother was very satisfied with J. She told me that J remembered me as a student that time, and thought that because of this special relationship, she was privileged to have this referral letter from J. Oh, I hoped that I really had some memorable moments when I was sitting in his clinic. After all, I am a dumb and perhaps numb student, despite my appreciation to the surgeon.

Certainly I hope that all the doctors that previously taught had remembered me for the good things that I had done. But deep inside I know the truth. Meticulous people like doctors certainly can remember everything, including the silly and stupid things from a student. Somehow they will find a way to punish me. I am sure.

People having too good memory is never a good thing, particularly when they remember the terrible past. They cannot be happy. I remembered that I did the terrible things, then I felt bad. When I knew that the doctors, who in the future will become my bosses, I felt even worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment