5 Nov 2012

Alternatives

When my plan A failed, my faithful friend W told me his masterplan.

"You can continue to fight for the plan A, but you know that you will definitely be fooled. At the same time, you can leave it. There remain two possibilities. One is you will be alone forever. One is you will realize that there is a big forest outside our limited circle. Come on."

"The fact that you did not realize in the course of the game, was that you were blind. All in your mind was about the plan and you completely ignored the alternatives. You went for it but you did not notice the unfavourable signs (for example, the signs that point to other diagnoses), or you made up some favourable signs yourself. Of course, like most of the clinical examinations, you will miss the diagnosis and you will fail."

"You have to be open to other possibilities." This was his advice. Indeed, when I looked back for all the crazy things that I had done, I reckoned the stupidity inside of me. Surely I was outplayed.

There are two voices in my head. One is, of course, asking me to get into the forest.

The other one is asking me to stay in my room to study.



No comments:

Post a Comment