21 Jul 2012

Socialwork

I had a secondary school classmate who had a lot of fun in her school life. She dated a handsome boy and had enjoyed every school day and weekend. She studied arts and earned a average grade and was admitted into the Social Work programme in the university on the opposite of the harbor. She continued her fantastic life, engaged in a lot of activities.

Now she has graduated and will have a job as a social worker.

The reason why I thought of her was that I met her recently. I had my tired (and tiring) outlook, she had her good appearance. Indeed, I realized that she was as beautiful as she used to be, probably she knew how to keep herself healthy and happy.

And I realized how important it is for someone to be himself happy before he commits himself to do good to others. Look at Batman. He committed himself to inspire the people in Gotham, but he actually was not a happy man. He had a lot of struggles, desperately proving people can do good. "It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me."

I just could see myself in Batman. I want to do good but at the same time, I notice how bad I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment