2 Jul 2012

Listener

Some said the first of July is the most important date of Hong Kong people, because many of us would, instead of celebrating the change of sovereignty, go and protest in under a bright sun. They said, the number this year was more than forty thousands.

I did not go because my family had a issue. Anyway, it was never a new one. It was just the old problem that kept untreated, and complications arise.

For the first time, I realized how important it is for one to have a listener. They are not you and they are not likely to have the power to solve your problem. And yet we are always comfortable to tell someone about the deepest inquisitions to the person we trust and rely on.

I have once had the honor become one listener, but I did not treasure it. I did not have the heart to listen to it and I was failing the heart on the other sides. I was left and was not called since then.

Now I realize I need one for me. And I realize how lonely I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment