6 Jul 2012

Higgs

http://www.newscientist.com/videoredirect?bcpid=2227271001&bckey=AQ~~,AAAAADqBmN8~,Yo4S_rZKGX0rYg6XsV7i3F9IB8jNBoiY&bctid=1721411059001
We the lovers of truth recently were very excited by the discovery from the European group who finally confirmed the Higgs boson, also known as the God particle.

But that's what I know from this long awaited particle, after 4 years of medical studies.

I just wondered if I choose to study in Physics 4 years before, would I be more interested or excited than I am now. After all, it is the field where only physicists can understand easily. To think that I have understood it would be megalomaniac anyway.

It is just like the common people reading Harrison or Davidson textbook. They might understand every word from the text by surfing the internet. But in the end, they will not learn anything from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment