30 Jul 2012

Complexity

Because of the new Batman movie, I watched the first two movies by Christopher Nolan again.

You know what, Nolan has been praised by making thrilling and complex movies which inspired and excited audience. It was interesting when you realize that many twists in the stories actually had some clues before hand, where you can hardly identify them without complete concentration.

I know that using a pair of retrospective eyes to look for the clues is a boring act. Sorry for my stupidity. However, doing it is still pleasing because I by that time discover the course of the movie. I did write scripts, but I could hardly make one that had 10% complexity of his movie.

The point, however, is that when he made such kind of movie, people were pleased with that, and will try to understand it by watch it again and again. This is attraction and durability. With that, there is no doubt this trilogy will be remembered for many years.

P.S. Of course, speaking of complexity, I cannot leave Inception unmentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment