11 Jan 2012

Pride

After the harsh Paediatrics module exam, we quickly packed all our belongings for the trip to Korea. The trip lasted for 5 days. We went to skiing for 3 days, spending around 24 hours in total in the mountains.

Was it surprising? One night when we told YV that we had done it via the Skype, he was completely shocked. I know. It was not typical, especially when one of my secondary classmate who went to Korea at the same time, who turned out having skiing for only one day.

It was very painful, I can assure you. I knew nothing about skiing at the first day. Luckily, It was RC who coached KW and I on the first day. But I still had to fall for more than 100 times on the first day. I had bruises everywhere, especially the gluteal region. On the second day, since my gluteal region was no longer able to sustain any force, I had to fall with my whole back. It was even worse because my neck got hurt.

What for? What was the pain for? After all, you still did not know anything about skiing if you compared yourself with the people on the expert courses. Instead of skiing, they were dancing. For me, instead of skiing, I was just trying to stimulate my cerebellum to work to gain body balance as though I was a toddler.

RC said something remarkable. "I want to tell my sons that I did something great. Just after the module examination we went straight to other country for skiing for 3 days. He would be amazed, right? I don't want to tell my sons that I was just a hardworking student drilling every detail of the textbook. I am a great father."

No comments:

Post a Comment