12 Jan 2012

Cliche

"No pain, no gain." What a boring cliche. However, I proved it again during the skiing trip.

On the first day, I fell so frequently that I could not possible count it. I found my thigh and gluteal muscles too painful to seat myself in the dinner. Also I could not turn my head nicely because the muscles had contacted for a whole day. And yet, I learnt the most on that day: at least I could finish a short beginner course.

On the second day, I decided to be conservative: I refused to learn a 360-turn for I was afraid that I would be soon hospitalized with the possible injuries. I already learnt how to ski using the snowboard facing forwards slowly, and sometimes and have the board straight to achieve a high speed. Therefore, it was not so hard to me to finish the longest course in the resort (and according to KW, it is the longest beginner course in the world) easily. But it is just too easy that I thought I should move on to learn something new (and something great).

On the third day, I tried myself to slowly turn myself when I was in a down-slope. As anticipated, I fell badly again. One time I just wanted to give up, just lying on the slope and looking at the sky. What is the pain for? It could not help you getting anything. It was worse than doing nothing because you were suffering. But it was suffering for something. It was for challenging myself and push myself out of the comfort zone. I was no longer a toddler to cry for parents when I get hurt.

I stood up and tried again. Finally I could have a few nice turns.



No comments:

Post a Comment