4 Nov 2011

Sky II


Therefore, today was the first time I voluntarily watch the movie. I don't know why. Perhaps the melody flashed into my mind when I was in pain studying the O&G protocol!

It was a new experience. Not telling you a lie, I still found the falling of Sheeta to Pazu a very romantic scene today. But I won't dare to imagine one day I would become Pazu and have my Sheeta. May be time has changed. Romance only lives in the works of artists.

At the same time, I started to appreciate the thoughts of Hayao. Why was there a castle in the sky? Why was there so many treasures in the castle? Why is the castle heavily enclosed with root of a gigantic tree? Why is there a apocalyptic weapon implanted at the base of the castle? It all had a story to tell.

It can be summarized by the folk song in the movie, as described by Sheeta:

The roots have to be inside the soil 
and live with the wind. 
They have to stay with the seeds in the winter
and sing with the birds.


When we look at the world. You should see how people chase the money and power in the expense of the nature and peace. They fight for vanity fair and neglect our simple needs.

It is just like building a Castle of Sky, where the roots never reach the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment