11 Nov 2011

Buffet

As my friend Abel suggested a few days, having a Buffet was a dilemma. It went on like this:
If you had little than enough or just had enough, when you left the restaurant, you would be struggled with an idea that "I could have some more" and this idea would bother you.
If you had more than enough and got a big stomach back home, you would feel bad because of your hyperphagic action.
Combined the two conditions: No matter how much you eat, you won't feel good.


*Our scientist even made a logical statement like this:


(P → Q) ∩ (~P → Q))→ Q


His opinion was interesting and alarming. You know that people in this locality love Japan very much out of many reasons. As the Japanese Buffet provided a great deal of Japanese food, provided that you afford the expensive entrance fee, you could have unlimited food in the restaurant.


Since the demand for the Japanese Buffet was so big, many restaurants emerged in this city these few years. However, still it could not satisfy our stomach and the restaurants had to force customers to eat within two hours. They had to go even though they might not finish the dishes on the table, and shut down their appetites. (Today I went to one Buffet restaurant with LC and NH, and we encountered a tighter time limit: 1.5 hour.)


This time, I proved the logic of my friend to be partially correct. Since I just had enough, and I didn't want more after I had left the restaurant, I didn't feel bad. As a result, despite the validity of the statement "(P → Q) ∩ (~P → Q))→ Q", when I had just enough, I did not fell into the category of P or ~P. Finally, I felt good.




Perhaps It was saint in these days to be just enough. I shall not elaborate more.



No comments:

Post a Comment