26 Nov 2011

Generation


I went back to my secondary school to give some advices for the juniors since the class this morning by our dean was cancelled.

I intended to tell some of my juniors, who wanted to study Medicine, what our professor of hepatology would say (http://vwswong.blogspot.com/2011/10/orientation.html).

There was only but one guy who appeared to be interested in Medicine. I still told him that being a doctor does no longer mean you can be rich. It is very harsh, if you don't really enjoy it.

It s very important to know the subjects before you are really into it. It is preparation. But when I asked if these people really know what jobs they will have and the characters, they can simply tell me something I can have known via TV dramas. It is, after all, too superficial to convince other people.

The potential medic said he was interested in it, and he thought he would not be able to do it considering his past academic performance. Other people who wanted to their subjects also stated their worry.

Yes, being admitted to medicine, you have to be very competent in terms of academics, but at the same time, they still have time to prepare the A-level. I encourage to be more confident and score more As in the A-level examinations. With that he will have a larger chance to be admitted. It is confidence.

Unfortunately, these 18-year-old people are lacking of both characters. It will later on prove to be critical to their careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment