23 Nov 2011

Experience

In the paediatric rotation, the most fruitful thing was the teaching from our very experienced clinician Prof. PY.

Two week ago, when I first met him, he was a grey-hair-and-walking-so-slowly man in the child cancer centre. I was completely impressed. He was a true physician. I knew it! (I paid no disrespect to some experienced physicians. I was just stunned by the impression.)

His speech was clear and logical. He got in to the point in every sentence. This was Kung Fu. I knew it! No wonder he said that "It was lucky of you to have me as your teacher. I have been in Paediatrics for more than 40 years and I am a retired man. I come back to give the essence of my knowledge to you and hope you can benefit from it." Sure. I reckon these two bedside teachings as the highlight of my year four. And compared with year three, I think these 2 bedsides were superior. Sigh, I am not sure if my med three was spent without direction or these 2 bedsides were so good.

I reckon the other old doctor who taught us with heart. You must know him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment