6 Nov 2011

MRI


As promised I went to PWH for the neuroimaging study held by the Professor of Neurology.

It was quite a new experience. First I had to dress the purple gown with my clothes removed. When I took the gown up, I looked as if a terminally ill patient to receive radiotherapy.

One thing is the machine was exceptionally noisy. It was much worse than before the drum set. The beats were regular, and the quality of them made me feel that I was as if in a studio having some acoustic drum beats converting into electronic one. They were distorted. Very nice indeed.

However, the noise barred me from the hearing experiment. The Professor of Neurology had wanted to see the effect of calling on the rewarding system of the brain. However, I hardly hear the exact names. What were the names? The instructions said it would be my name, a name of one of my friend and a name which I did not know.

Well, it would be better not to hear the name of my friend. I am not sure if that name will still activate my rewarding system. The joy of hearing the name has become painful since her birthday.

After the experiment, the staff commanded on my reaction time during the game. "You were exceptional that your slowest reaction time was already the fastest one of others! And your fastest one was outstanding as well!" I thought to myself that if I were not to be a doctor in the future, I could join the real FoxHound and become Solid Snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment