9 Nov 2011

Pillow

At the weekend before the new module, I took the whole sunday for reading a internal medicine textbook, from which I inherited from Dr. TC.

You should know that a huge textbook has an alternative name, which is called Pillow. It is mainly because of the huge size. People in our medical school seldom read big textbook in junior clerkship, fearing that we would have inadequate time for the panel examinations and the 2nd MB, the examination content mostly come from the lecture materials.

As a result, we would spend our time for memorizing all the notes, instead of reading the three classics: Harrison, Davidson and Kumar and Clark. Interestingly, this approach was exceptionally good. The people who scored A all just read the notes.

I took the opportunity to revisit the topics which I was not familiar with. They had never been so clear before. Perhaps I really have the sense of clinical medicine. Now they were just like some friends of me: when I visit them, we could tell a lot of stories in the old days. When I didn't visit them, I would sometimes think of them.

I found the joy in studying. My professor of Psychiatry said studying medicine is joyful. Yes. It is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment