3 Nov 2011

Sky I

After the funny OSCE, I decided to relax myself re-watching a anime: Castle in the sky by Hayao Miyazaki(宮崎 駿).

No, I should clarify that I did not re-watch this classic. Every time I watch it, it is a new experience.

When I was just around 6 or 7 years. The ATV showed the film for the first time in my life. What attracted me the most was of course, the background music. I did not realize that time this piece had already won uncountable applause and awards. All in my mind was the nice melody and the female voice. I did not know the Japanese lyrics.*

And when I was a secondary school student, I had the luck to watch it in TVB. In the beginning, you know that Sheeta fell from above into the arms of Pazu. It was a romantic scene in my naive eyes. I wish to have someone in my arms coming from the sky one day. (Even Pazu in the film said: you were just a like an angel descending from the sky to me. Hayao Miyazaki was wit to make this line for entertaining teenagers!)

And now I had another experience.

* This is the English lyrics from an internet source. The song is called Carrying You in English. It was a good one that it retained a lot of ideas from the original one (http://www.justsomelyrics.com/1550285/Laputa-Carrying-You-Lyrics) by Hayao Miyazaki, and it can by sung perfectly.


1.
in the stillness of the night
in the distance there's a light
the horizon is a glow
And it's you that's there I know
why the lights appear so bright
it's because with all their might
they're trying to hide you from me
But I'll soon be there set you free


Yes, the time for me has come
To set out on my way
loaf of bread,knife and lamp in my bag
I'm standing up today

I'm taking along with me dad's determined mind
while watching over me
is mom's sweet eyes, so kind

2.
and the earth goes round and round
to the rythm of your sights
in search of you i'm bound
just the sparkle of your eyes
so the earth goes round and round
while sailing throught the skies
in no time at all you shall be found
I'll bring you out of your disguise

No comments:

Post a Comment