14 Dec 2012

Luck

As a former residential society member, I surely have the right to get a ticket for the Christmas Party next Monday, and of course partake in the lucky draw to try my luck for the iPad mini. That's something that most of us will want. It's light and its bright. Not particularly it makes you feel you are smart and trendy, you make people think the same way: it is the work of the deceased Steve Jobs.

But as I will have a learning activity outside the hospital around the time, there is no way for me to join the party, as well as the precious iPad mini. The idea of getting it has been in my mind, no matter how slim the chance it is for me to get it eventually: There will be perhaps around two hundred people in the game, and I am just one.

In view of that I asked my friend RW for help: I had decided to give him the ticket for the entrance, but I had to make sure that, in case he wins anything with the ticket, it will be given to me. Of course, I want nothing but the iPad mini.

The greedy mind has been in my mind, but on one occasion he told me he wanted to get one ticket for himself, not mine. I just realized how blind I was: I used my friend for something that I would mostly never have. How stupid I am!

On top of that, I know the impossibility for me to get something that does not belong to me. You know what I am talking?

Thus, I now really decided to give him the ticket as well as anything he will win.

No comments:

Post a Comment