16 Dec 2012

Lifetime

人生有幾多個十年。

Today I had the most fruitful day with my best friends this year, if not in my life. After so many years, we went hiking today, conquering the HK Trail 1 and 2. It sounded simple, but it turned out born so many fun and joy during the trip.

I am thankful to KH and SC who instantly agreed to join me for this under-prepared trip. After all I just had this idea 2 days ago and had not tried this trail before. Also I feel blessed when the weather was so good today that I should not have prepared anything extra clothing but a pair of sunglasses. In that time of moment,  I had all that I wanted and needed for a good trip.

We never ran out of things to talk, as usual. We talked about the philosophy in our minds. Is a human being good or bad in the beginning? What is Deception and the Matrix is about? We also talked about the lives recently -- the exam, the health and the jobs as grown-ups.

But sometimes we chose not to talk during the trip when we felt equally well -- we have known each other so well for so many years. Everything was so unusual today: in the midst of December, we had the blue sky above our heads, birds singing to our ears and winds breezing to our faces. The only usual thing today was we were so happy. It is usual.

Life is hard, and it has become harder in my medical school life without best friends around. Some day I don't really want to wake up in these few years, but it was not today when I had to meet my friends and go to the Peak together with KH and SC. Thanks the God of our universe that just pick up the right combination of particles together, making my friends and me, in a certain time of the his history. I surely cannot ask for more, and shall not want more.



No comments:

Post a Comment