26 Dec 2012

Christmas II

I may not be qualified as a Christian, but Les Misérables touches my heart.

To tell you the truth, I was just at first attracted by the line-up: Hugh Jackman, Russell Gore and Anne Hardaway. I did not appear to have particular interest to Hugo's original novel, nor the famous musical. Had I not read some preview article, I would have not known that the actors will actually sing the pieces in the movie.

But it turned out to be very pleasing. First I never consider this movie a "fun" one that I should bring some popcorn and coke inside the theater. My attitude gets the reward (though I am not sure if the two audience who sit besides me, holding the snacks and making noises, would have the same one).

Masterpiece always shine. To Hong Kong, we did not get the right feeling from this very holiday (in fact, we did not have a good Christmas for a long time since 1997). The days and nights were all commercial. People went to everywhere to spend their money as though tomorrow would never come. This movie is a refreshing one to show what kind of thing we are supposed to bear in mind. More importantly, what we should bear in mind should not be forgotten after Christmas.

To the one who had a dull holiday (like me), this movie is perhaps the highlight of this holiday. After all, I have not gone to church for a long time. This city kept disappointed me, frustrated me and tormented my soul. But this movie is enlightening to show us that how great unconditional love and forgiveness should be. After all, the law of the heaven works only when people really practise it.

The God has again lighted up my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment