11 Dec 2012

Apathy I

I think I've got a problem.

My dad in recent months had stomachache that troubled his eating. He had lost appetite despite that he knew that he needed to eat. With that he had lost a few pounds.

He asked me whenever I was back from school. "What kind of problems that I possibly could have with my stomachache?"

"It is usually infection-related gastritis. You should go for a gastroscope for some checking." I asked him to try the governmental clinics. However, those medical officers just prescribed him some antacid. He instantly got relieved. But I was not convinced.

Remembering that our professor of gastroenterology said on one occasion that with suspicious symptoms, we should provide gastroscopy for a endoscopic diagnosis of the underlying disease, instead of blindly giving antacid for symptomatic relief.

My father, obviously had some suspicious symtpoms. What I did not tell him until last Sunday, was that I suspected he may have cancer. (However rare this could be, this is possible.)

He was scared and at one midnight (when I was watching football game), he asked me to find him a doctor for the investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment