18 Apr 2012

Train


As I have said previously, I need to take a long ride to get to the hospital from my hostel. During the transit, I took out A Lover's Discourse: Fragments to revisit it.

I still found it very unusual in that I could not possibly find some terms to describe it. The writings did not come with a system to tell you the philosophy of love. In contrast, it was something that every lover will think of, when they thought they were in love with someone. There was nothing new seriously, but there was no Roland Barthes who manage to write something like this.

Because the book was so melancholic to me, though I finished the book already, whenever I get into the train, I have a fleeting depression from the young Werther, whose name was frequently mentioned in the book. "Oh, we were just passer-by in life". I told the passengers sitting opposite to me in my mind. "Our passion will never get response, our love forever futile. In that case, why should me meet? Is not our encountering making us suffering?" It was the classic Werther-ish writing in his letters.

The passengers of course did not know what I was thinking about.

Therefore, the train has produced a conditioning to me. I hate taking the trains now.

No comments:

Post a Comment