18 Apr 2012

Sick

In the past, the Sadhu would create pain and suffering for themselves. They said it would put them closer to the truth and virtue.

Perhaps I am now closer to it as well. I was sick these days. It was a common cold. Perhaps I stayed in the OT for too long that I did not realize it was so cold inside. I was very lethargic in the weekend that I just could hardly carry my body to the Universal Studios and anywhere in Singapore. After that, the fever subsided and the cough came.

I could not imagine how weak I has become. I was very healthy in year four in Hong Kong. The medications in my room was never used.

Outside the sky went dark and a heavy rainfall was inevitable. I thought to myself, if I were the emotional young Werther, I could have gone suicide now to end the misery. He was bravery to make that decision, but to live up with the adversity was equally bravery.

Ah. Why do I talk about Werther now.

I just realize why I felt sick now. I finished reading the A Lover's Discourse: Fragments.

No comments:

Post a Comment