29 Apr 2012

Feast

At the Thursday night of my last week of the attachment, my supervisor invited me and my classmates to have dinner in a Penang restaurant near the hospital. We had a good night, chatting and chewing.

As my supervisor was a graduate from my medical school, we had many discussions about our own school. He talked about his old days: the life as a medical student, the doing of the professor-to-be, the teachings......This was the genuine story of MB.ChB.

Of course, he talked about the life in Singapore. "Living here, I did not have to prepare for the winter because we have the same climate in 12 months." He said. "As you can wear the same clothes thorough out the year, there was not really a need to buy new clothes. Therefore, I realized that when I compared the photos I took recently with that from the past, I still wore the same shirt!"

But still, he stored a case of jackets, for he had to go to meetings outside Singapore, such as Japan.

Prof. K the Japanese surgeon was also in the dinner. He also talked about his old days. Our classmates, Obsessed with mangas and animes, asked if he did the same when was a mere student. "Yes, we all do. My favourites were Doraemon and Gundams that time. The comics were really good to me when I was young. My daughters also loved it!" Something were just timeless.

The dinner was a good finale for my elective here.

No comments:

Post a Comment