21 Sept 2011

Rigid


"From my own experience, knowledgeable students were too rigid and were not able to make change."

This was not what I said. The words of wisdom came from my driving tutor, "German".

Despite that I was not knowledgeable, I do feel that I was one of those rigid students in his eye. "For example, they would not know how to coordinate in a different way when they got mistakes on the roads. Why always speed up during a turn? They should be able to to split the steps and do it one by one. Slow down, turn around and speed up. It is simple!"

However, I was pushy and often accelerate the vehicle during the turn. Thus my hands were busy to modify the path so the car wouldn't crash. It did anger German.

Sometimes, however, I was cheerful when I was not scolded by him because I had some beautiful turns.

"Don' expect I will say Yeah YOU WERE SO GOOD when you finished it nicely. You should be able to do it!" German said.

It looked to you that German was a harsh teacher? Not really. He was a nice person most of the time when I didn't make big mistakes.

"Mistakes can be classified into tolerable and intolerable." German said. "If you make intolerable mistakes, you will really kill some people in real situation so the examiner will not hesitate to fail you. On the contrary, you always made tolerable mistakes, and yet the examiners might not fail you."

He was telling me how to tackle the driving exam as well as our OSCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment