25 Sept 2011

Clock


This weekend was a tiring one that I kicked off with a 3-hour driving tutorial in the Saturday morning. After that I had the inter-year match with my medicine classmates. And today I had football in the rain with my friends. Finally, I ended the weekend with big shopping.

It was not really a big shopping after all, I just bought a watch from the Hang Send Clock & Watch Co. at Yu King Fong. What interested me to buy a watch after a exhausting game? It was because the company was going to close down and they decided to make a big discount on the watches.

I asked the owners while I was trying the watches. Why close down? Indeed I had an answer in my mind and I just wanted to confirmed it.

"It was because of the ever-interesting rent. We were a small shop and could not bear up with it. So we have to leave here and stay in the shopping mall there." I know they were talking about the Hop Yick Plaza. They could probably stay there for a while, but just a brief while. "It was not so remote so we can still make our business with the neighborhoods around here." Indeed, this was a old shop which was already established for 28 years. Much older than I am.

The old craftsman amended the length of the watch band for me while I talked to her wife. Well, it was a business of family. It was a small size business of course, nothing to compared with the Li Ka Shing stuff. But I loved the small size business much more.

The clocks on the wall were ticking while we talked. I started to understand why The Clock (鐘) had the same pronunciation of The End (終).

No comments:

Post a Comment