17 Sept 2011

Needle


After a tiring week I went back to home with special shorts.

These were my shorts that was without a button. One day I accidentally put itoff, leaving it unable to be worn. Of course, it was an acute on chronic damage, for my ever-increasing size of waist should be culprit.

Thus I brought the shorts back home and let my mother do the repair.

Concerning about the needle and the filament, it just struck my chord since it was pretty much related to Surgery. Therefore, I asked my mother to give me a tutorial on the special kind of suture before Prof. KH Lo gives his a year later.

She was so delighted to see me learn it. "After all, you need to know something when you become a man. Try to think how you look when the button is off." Indeed it was shameful if I could not get any help.

"From whom you learn the skills?" I asked as she tried to put the filament into the hole of the needle, unsuccessfully.

"Your grandparents, of course!" she handed me the filament and the needle, ordering me to put the end of the filament into the hole. "You know what, our family made clothing in the old days. So I learned things from the professionals. In fact, most people in the old days would know how to do it when they were just children." My face reddened when she mentioned 'children'.

"So am I also learning from professional?" I asked her.

She smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment