16 Sept 2011

Plan


As a hospital which mainly serve for the local people, it was special to find a foreigner here. It would be more interesting if you found a foreigner who was also a mother in the labour ward.

She was special not just because she was an obese Caucasian who need pressure stocking to prevent deep vein thrombosis, but also that she had a very structured plan for her delivery.

She printed her plan for the midwives. VT and I took a glimpse of it. Woo, she was a picky woman, my colleague said.

Why he would thought so? Please see the following. "I would like to breastfeed my baby right after the delivery and before all the cleaning and bathing process started." Also, she requested. "I would like to hold my baby after the delivery to the postnatal ward instead of keeping it in the warming box." Moveover, she asked us not to say more than 'enough': "I appreciate the encouragement during term but I didn't like shouting to me during it."

The midwives also dislike her behaviours. But then, it was good if we could do it to make her happy.

Whether it is picky, I am not sure. She didn't wake me up when I was trapped in all these protocol and procedures. Were there alternatives? Were they all suitable for all our patients? Were they all good?

We were institutionalized and didn't imagine for something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment