5 Aug 2012

Spinning

While I am so attached to the Batman trilogy, I made use of my limited time in weekend to revisit Inception.


The ending is no longer ambiguous, and I am no longer skeptical. I believe that Coob has arrived again back to the reality, but that is not important. For two reasons from Michael Cane and Christopher Nolan himself.

In September 2010, Michael Caine, explained his interpretation of the ending, "If I'm there it's real, because I'm never in the dream. I'm the guy who invented the dream."


Nolan himself noted that "I choose to believe that Cobb gets back to his kids, because I have young kids. People who have kids definitely read it differently than those who don't". He indicated that the top was not the most crucial element of the ending, saying "I've read plenty of very off-the-wall interpretations... The most important emotional thing about the top spinning at the end is that Cobb is not looking at it. He doesn't care."


What is more important is we don't care about the struggle. We live on our own, be if realities or dreams. When we sleep, we go to one world, and when we awake, we go to another. They might interfere themselves, but it is what we want us to do matters, rather then where we do matters.

I think this is what Christopher Nolan wanted to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment