21 Aug 2012

Noodle

The standard food for a normal university student in Hong Kong is instant noodles. There is no doubt of it. It is fast and it is cheap, so as life as a student.

My roommate and I used to buy instant noodle in bulk, for the reason that it would be very economical. Also, as my consumption rate is terrifying (which I am not sure if I have a good appetite for the instant noodles, or the noodles has too little to offer in each pack), I often need to buy every week.

Everyday I cooked myself for a lunch or a dinner with instant noodles. If you consider that putting a piece of noodles inside a bowl of boiled water and then waiting for 3 minutes is defined as cooking, I have become a master. Moreover, I tried many ways to improve the quality of soup by reducing the amount of the water used. In a way, I know how much favoring to put to make the best soup.

Gradually, I am used to having them and I wonder if I have any good meals during school time. Well, if there is any good food, I will not remember them at all. Until one day, I can't endure the Korean brand that I used to and I go to the supermarket to search for other brands. Actually there are quite a lot that I never tried. Thousands of flavors in the world I have not tried. And I just stuck in the world of indulgence.

No comments:

Post a Comment