29 Mar 2012

Francis

Another inspiration happened in the middle of the night, when I was weary and tired, sleeping.

It was our star professor FC.

He said: You have to understand the underlying causes of everything to understand medicine.

It was very encouraging to me because this time the dream could be linked to reality, unlike my previous one which directed me into wrong paths and wasted so many of my energy!

His voice was certain and firm. He was the star because he did what he told me. It was the basic science that brings us into the medical advancement. How could a tree live without putting the roots deeper into the soil and how could ponds collect water without the streams?

But when I tried to change my attitude, my roommate teased me and said: You can't be successful if you study like that this time. We need to memorize the fact to please the examiners.

He was definitely correct in this sense. As result equals to quality of study times quantity of study multiplied by efficiency, I could not put all the efforts into every subjects, studying their mechanisms. It will put me into the pull-up viva instead of a good pass.

Study Smart. The voice from the old surgeon hallucinated in my head when I realized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment