21 Mar 2012

Dialectic

Socrates is the philosopher. The only thing he knew was that he knew nothing. Therefore, he went to the market, he went to the streets, he went to the people, asking the definitions of the ideas that were involved in our lives. He asked: What is Justice? What is Love? What is Virtue? Indeed, we did not know anything about them at all (unless you are a better philosopher that Socrates)

Here I asked, what is the friendship between a man and a woman? I asked my roommate. He showed me a Youtube video, which showed an interview to some undergraduates in the state. The male students says, well, the friendship is a step towards a romantic relationship. The female students says, well, it does not differ with that between girls.

What about being a solider? What is the relationship between a solider and a general? I asked boys and I asked girls. Again, they gave me different answers: Boys acknowledged the existence of this relationship, saying that when there is no return from the girls despite the unconditional supports from boys, the relationship established. The girls, on the contrary, says it was normal to have some friends with you who are boys.

Oh my goodness. It was so complicated. I'd better go back to study the specialties again.

No comments:

Post a Comment