13 Mar 2012

Creation

Last midnight, out of impulsivity, my roommate and I rushed to McDonald's in a cold rainy night for junk food.

That was a embarrassing time indeed. We did not like cooking that time, and the canteen providing night food was not yet opened. All we can do to fill in our stomach was to search for food outside. The American hamburgers were obviously a good choice.

When we got to the restaurant, there were already many seats occupied. Some were students who were preparing for examinations (like us), some teenagers were doing nothing at all, except staring at the little screen of their smart phones. The light was dim outside the window. It was just like the impressionism painting described by Leung Man Tao. I forgot the name of it already.

I noticed a middle-aged cleaner doing her job. When I just finished my meal, she looked at me and said if she could clean the table for me. Yeah, sure.

That time was 00:20. She should stay at her home, playing with her grandchildren. She should sleep at nine and then woke up at seven to yum chai with her friends. What she should not do, was to playing Mcjob in this hour.

"If she does not have this job, her family might not sustain the living!" RW reminded me.

Well. She worked for something she needed. Might be they really need some money so her grandchildren can buy toys or attend  prestigious kindergartens. It was after all, about the free will.

It was just at the expense of life. I might be wrong again.

No comments:

Post a Comment