6 May 2012

Understanding

People around me these days must have heard me about my plan to have a grad-trip in the end of this month with some of my best friends. I had a good expectation of this trip: what can be better if you have friends with me in a journey?

When I came back from Singapore, I felt that I had to get the planning done. I immediately called them for meals and tried to discuss where exactly to go: we had agreed previously that we would go to Taiwan.

But then, they were cold about it. LC said: I have to go to Taiwan with my girl friend in mid-May. My heart was sunken.

And then I realized that KS was not able to graduate this year, for some reasons.

That means that all my expectation has all gone into vain. Initially I felt like I was cheated and abandoned. Now the best friends would not go for a short trip and they never told me until I come back. But then, I understand and accept.

LC has always put her girlfriend over anyone else. One day they will get married. I can be a good friend of them but I cannot interfere their lives as a couple. I know it for these 10 years. I know it. But I sometimes ignore it for my own purposes.

KS was not good in calculation and now what he needs is support from friends rather than pressure. What I can do now is not making them pressurized. After all, I have got a lot of supports and company with them in my life. I shall treasure what I already have had and not ask for more. They already have given a lot to me.

Plato says: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment