27 May 2012

Last

What is your pick, if you have to decide the song for your funeral?

According to a poll previously, many people in the western countries will choose Frank Sinatra's My way. No doubt it is one of the best songs to summarize the life of a person, and his determinations all along in his moment. But it sounds boring if everyone does the same, which I feel, after all, we are not the same when we are living.

What about the Beatles's In my life? Recently there was a poll from NME.com, which listed this song to be one of the most beautiful lyrics ever in these years. Here it goes:

All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends, I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life, I've loved them all

It was also one of my favorite songs.

How about Robin Gibb? Most people would think that his classic I started a joke, which would be high on his list. You know, it was a depressive song talking about somebody who felt himself very different and not accepted in the world.

But then, he said, he wanted How deep is your love to be played. Then I know, yeah, he was a Brother Gibb. He wanted all the joy and peace and love:

...How deep is your love
How deep is your love
I really mean to learn
'Cause we're living in a world of fools
Breakin’ us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me...


No comments:

Post a Comment