1 May 2012

Neighbour

After a usual 4-hour flight, I came back where I was born, and where I will live. The mood of home-coming has been always mentioned by many writers, but they are not able to describe how I feel, for they do not actually know how I love my home town.

It was also nice to meet the Chan family who was living just opposite to my home. "Hi. Mrs. Chan." I greeted her and her daughter, outside the lift when the Chan family managed to get inside their house. When I first met them, Mrs. Chan had been still looked like what she was, but her kid were all grown up. It was the work of time.

Soon after that I knew it would probably the last time I saw them there. During the dinner, my parents were discussing about the Chan family. "They finally moved out." My mother said. I was puzzled since I just saw them go in the flat. "They came to pick up the rest of their belongings." I checked the door of their flat. Oh, there was nothing but the door: No shoes, No carpets, No Fai-Chun.

I had had a dream. I know that Mr. Chan was a football geek. They played EPL every weekend night in the TV. My family did not purchase the broadcasting of Cable. Therefore, most of the time I had to depend on the scoreboard via internet to know if my favourite team won the matches. As a result, I imagined, it would be fun if I can get into their home and watch match with their family (though it would be only Mr. Chan with me only).

But then, with the advert of internet, we had P2P stream and most of the time, I could watch the match myself. I did not actually have a need to go to watch with Mr. Chan.

Now that they have moved out, I would never be able to realize that ancient dream.

"Human being can step into the surface of the Moon, yet they are not able to get into the flat of the neighbour." Who thought of this? He must be a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment