18 Sept 2012

Private II

Concerning about the services of skin clinics, I must say that it is far from adequate for Hong Kong citizens. There are quite a few clinics that situated in the Hong Kong island and Kowloon region. But unfortunately, there is by far only one clinic in NTW that is run by HA.

This can be explained by two rationale at least. One is that the government thought that people living in this area do not need a lot of dermatology services (perhaps we are clean enough). Another one is that the government does not care about the people here.

Anyhow, in the end I have the luck to make a consultation with a young dermatologist. Despite her age, she swiftly makes the diagnosis and decided to give me with some topical agents.

But wait. I told the doctor. This kind of medicine was what I had tried before, and I thought that my problems are not to be solved by topical agents.

"Well, I understand." She calmly told me. "But if you really have to solve your problem, you have to go to private sectors for the laser treatment. The public sector is not able to afford the price to solve cosmetic problems." In short, she refused what I needed the most and what I hoped for this year.

We agreed to have a 3-month follow-up. But whether I should come, God knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment