23 Sept 2012

Grown-up

Today I had an accident in the football match. I was hit and my nose got hurt. It was swollen and blood kept coming down from the nostril, which forced me to go to the emergency department.

The staff at the pitch asked if I need anyone to accompany with.

I thought of my accident 3 years ago at Tuen Mun, which I fell from a my riding bicycle, making a few laceration and a broken teeth. My friends, despite having fun themselves, accompanied me to go to the emergency department to stay with me after all the treatment. That time was midnight.

They could have gone back home, leaving me at the hospital. But our brotherhood kept us together and I was so relieved that time. I know, I am never walking alone.

But I also understand that friends like that are impossible to find again in the planet, and I thus decided to go to the hospital myself this time. "I have become a grown-up and have to take care of myself!" so I told the staff.

Being kept in the waiting area of the emergency department, no one talked to me, nor anyone I can talk with. But I was not upset. My life will be like that. But what keeps me moving forward and staying strong has always been in my heart which will never dissipate until it stops beating. I am so sure about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment