1 Sept 2012

Inheritance

Time has never been so short for one to reckon his first day in the school as if it was yesterday.

Things have changed. Legends have gone. Values seemingly have been lost. I had not been worried too much about the situation, for I used to think that, whatever it is, I am not the one who could change it, and I do not know who has the power to change the attitude of the people in this generation.

Perhaps it is still early to distinct myself from the people who are just admitted to the school, and the juniors who just finished their year one. Some friends of mine do clearly know what is the difference between us and them. Us and them. It sounds like we are of different species.

The only worrying part was that the value of my senior MT and CK who had my uttermost respect could have lost and no one could have retrieved them. Their wisdom and virtue were not seen for years. Now that they have become interns, and if there are really someone that can not be replaced, they are.

But surprisingly, I saw the light yesterday with a KS who led the group, who had the caring to the juniors and the respect to the seniors. She made me recall of how CK picked us to the ground and played. The group in my year was not playful. And I do not remember what the fun was in my orientation camp. But CK was always in my mind. Her sincerity was always shining in the dark time of ours. Her core value, whatever you call it is, has kept in my heart throughout this year, motivating me to move forward and encouraging me to strive for the best.

I am glad that someone has bore up the heritage from our generation. That's the only thing I want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment