21 Jun 2012

sapiens

The journey to Pattaya was never a waste, on the contrary to my previous thought.

Originally I planned to go to Angkor Wut for a few days, having no ideas or intent to go to Thai. Pattaya was just a name that I used to know, and I had wanted to spent these days in the historical wonders.

But then the time in Thailand gave me time to think, as Hume said: Leisure is the mother of philosophy. The Thai kept impressing me during the journey, the kind people and the cunning people were my inspirations in the trips. Many of them believed in the values of Buddha, but how on the earth they acted so differently? A man at the street gave us a good talk on how to take care of parents and get girlfriends but at the same time cheated us a handful of money. A driver of Tuk-tuk brought us to a famous temple and then carried us to a jewellery shop, for some reason.

And in Pattaya, you have the Walking Street, and you have the Sanctuary of Truth, which has been building by a tycoon for the sake of spreading the common value of Asians. Well, it is very difficult, if not possible, to define the character of Thai.

So as the common people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment