25 Jun 2012

Pulse

My Desktop Computer got problems, and I found difficulty in deciding what to do. On the other hand, it was a good medicine management demonstration.

I have one Desktop Computer whose CPU had troubles, the technician told me that the CPU had no been produced for quite sometime, and if I have to repair it, the sum of money would be already adequate for me to purchase one new model.

I have one Laptop at hostel whose battery had problems. It could not be recharged to more than 30%, which was disabling because I was not able to carry it to the lecture theatre without the electric cables. I had tried to contact the producer who made the battery, and they told me again, well, the model was too old-fashioned and we stopped the production already (it was merely a 4-year time to be called old-fashioned).

So the management would be: first, buy a brand new Desktop Computer at home, which can solve the first problem but the second problem left untreated. Also, to invest around $3000 dollars for a computer which I seldom use this year (for I seldom go home), it was not so effective.

Second, put the Laptop back home and buy a new one to replace it. It solved two problems completely but it created a new problem: financial toxicity. A good Laptop is easy to come across but hard to come by. It was very difficult, if not possible to find someone that had a good longevity and good spec with economic price.

I had a pulse to buy a Macbook from apple.com with a click. The spec and longevity were both satisfying, but the cost was tremendous (around $10000). I told myself that I was still a student.

So the temporary measure was to keep everything unchanged (or until I got rich enough to buy new toys).

No comments:

Post a Comment