12 Jan 2013

KC

Seldom do I indulge in eating, for I think that time should be spent in a more meaningful way like reading or listening to music. But Kowloon city, a place full of wonderful meals, did catch my eyes and change a bit of my ideas.

This place was an old one, with short residential buildings around and a uncomfortable accessibility. But with these features Kowloon city remained its unique features: loads of restaurants that have their own characteristics that serve food that could not be easily found outside with sincere owners and staff with whom you can chat. True. It is all about the people.

The restaurants are plenty of customers but it is not crowded. People chat but they are not noisy. On a quite noon, it is hard to find a better place than here to enjoy.

What worries me is good time won't last forever. The tycoons have been trying to buy all the old buildings and planning to plant their empire here. What the throw to our old citizens are a loads of cash that can corrupt the hearts. No sooner people will give up on their lands, so as the little shops at the ground floor. What will replace them will be the spineless shopping malls(like the Kowloon City Plaza), where only chain stores can survive and no one will go.

Nothing is going to last forever. I just know it. But I am still thankful to the people here that give me a week of fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment