6 Jan 2013

Cloud

Orthopaedics is still frightening to me. In my junior clerkship I realized that I did not really know about the subject, despite being a important part of surgery. It is disadvantageous for me to be ignorant if I want to become a surgeon, but I remained a dumb after the senior clerkship.

As a result I could not easily pretend I know something in the examination. Though the result has not announced, I am convinced that I will fail this time--I am usually right when I know that I performed poorly, although when I felt that I performed well, I did not usually get it right.

The consequence is a mild one: I will be reassessed in a 30 minute session that a professor will ask me to perform another set of physical examination, asking me some questions to check if I really am that bad. In fact, I am.

I told some of my friends about this matter. Surprisingly, they showed me the positive meanings. First is I can really have a second chance to face up with an examiner. It is only in the pressurized atmosphere I can improve my speed and fluency of the examination. Another thing is of course, as mentioned by the coordinator, this module end examination is just a practice. It is not the end of the world (also known as the final examination).

The silver lining of the cloud smiles to me once again. Let me face up with the result. Thanks my friends for the encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment