22 Dec 2011

Wham!

When this name came out, you probably know what I will talk about.

It is Last Christmas.

This song has been known since 1984. Almost 30 years later, it is still THE song that you can hear in every corner in the city. It makes sense, because there are still many souls waiting for healing. And Pop songs are the best palliative treatments.

Although I know this song for a long time, it has never been so striking to me until this year. Do you know what this song is talking about? It is all in the chorus.

Last Christmas
I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave it away
This year To save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special

It is a mixture of bitterness and happiness. The past was bitter that the heart was thrown away, not being taken a bit of care. However, the singer is still optimistic that in the future, he will find someone to give his heart to. There is a dependence to the future, which is all we need. If we don't ever have this, we will not just be able to have someone to write this song for us, we have nothing to rely on, for the present is so harsh and intolerable.

We still need to dream of something good in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment