9 Dec 2011

Geneticist

It is so unsettling to think that I, though pretend to be a believer of man-can-overcome-the-fate, am also a geneticist.

I used to think that I have nothing, and it is only the tremendous motivation that drives me to this stage.

But I was wrong definitely. my healthy body and logical body has been enabling me to solve problems these years. It is largely contributed by my family and also a great deal from the health care system which keep me from grave illnesses. Going back to basic, if I (which comes from a sperm and egg) was not a healthy fertilized egg in the first stage, I would already have screened by the antenatal check-up and my mother would then selected for termination of pregnancy. I would then never been born.

I would feel scared if my son or daughter was not screened in the antenatal check-up. What if they had Down's syndrome or Patau syndrome? I could not endure the torture of having a baby that was unable to compete in this world. Therefore, I would also choose to have a termination of pregnancy, should that happen.

It is so shaking to discuss this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment