27 Oct 2011

Orphan


If the new information is correct, then my Nexus One would become the Orphan, despite being the first Google Phone. It will be left behind by the android system that the phone would not receive the Android 4.0 update.

This was a stunning news to me, since after the repairing, I had hoped that the phone would be have a new life: not only having a physical repair, but also a systematic improvement. Now the dream shall not be realized. I was a bit disappointed. You know what, Nexus one only appeared in the market for 2 years and it was abandoned.

One thought came to my head: shall I purchase one new phone to keep the breast with the trend? The new system was very attractive. It was much quicker and beautiful. Also consider my phone: it had been repaired for two times. The third time will surely come.

But for a while I knew I won't do it. I will keep the phone until the very last moment of its life. Because I thought of E, who told me her story with her phone:

My phone had been with me for 4 years. It was of course very out-dated. But I loved it. I love to make text and the phone is able to do it. Therefore, there was no reason to change. It shall be with me until it was no longer usable.

It is the attitude that I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment