15 Oct 2011

Bhutan


There was a story from everything, including my broken phone.

It was the second time that my Nexus One went wrong. The power button stopped working again. I took the phone for the repair in February this year, and it failed me again. Recognizing the same pattern of problem, I searched a web called androidguy.com and found this statement.


"Google’s Nexus One has been, or still is for some users, one of the best Android handset available. However it is far from being the perfect device we would all want to own."


Therefore, I was forced to make the repair again. I contacted the HTC (who was the producer for this Google's son). They told me that this time they could not do it for free, because the phone had no warranty. "How much was that, then?" I asked. "$150, plus the price of the item that the phone needs." They said. (later I confirmed to cost to be $400)

"They are gonna make a higher price when you have the phone repaired. You can just go to some small shops around the streets and get it done! It would be much cheaper!" My intelligent mother said. I did so.

The shop I found said I just have to pay $250 for everything and could get it back on Saturday. Well, it seemed good and I made the deal.

But the deal just proved a cliche from Midnight in Paris. "Cheap is Cheap." On Friday, I got a phone call from that small company. They told me that the repairing needed a higher charge, which was $480. They allowed me to choose if I still need to fix it by them. Of course, my answer was of course a NO.

Today, I got the unrepaired phone and found it was further broken by the company. Before I gave it to them, it was still intact grossly and I could close the case. When I got the phone, the phone appeared to be more irregular and the case was only to be closed with a powerful grip. I forced the company to make it look better at least, so I could get it to HTC for the fix, an official fix.

But what then? Does the repairing mean to be good?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You see, what happened today would be written in History.

People (who called themselves 99 percent, aka the majority) in many cities were having demonstrations against the greedy Trillionaires. They called it the Occupy Wall Street event. They asked for the reform to bring the rich down. 

They knew that the capitalism system was having problem: when the economy was in prosper, the rich earn a much larger portion of money than the 99 percent, while the economy was in the down side, the rich earn more money from the 99 percent. So no matter how Mr. Sze made his extremely conservative comment (http://hk-property.blogspot.com/2011/10/c_07.html), It was still defective, right?

However, as The Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps suggests, no matter how we decapitate the capitalists (or the vamps, if you like), there will be just another bunch of capitalists moving up and get all the benefits from our world. Don't you agree with me? The greed inside our soul will drive us to do that. In Universities, we train students to support the system. People will still love to have quick capital gains in the stock markets. The world would not change if the system is still this system.

But what will be the system we need to have? We may not like capitalism now, and we hate communism. Where to go?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why don't we go to Bhutan to have a look? While most of the countries in this world take money as the most important thing to fight for and use Gross National Product as the index, this very small country took happiness, and the former king of this country create a Gross National Happiness as the index.

Whether GNH was really a good index for happiness, I am not really sure. But at least, the marriage of the handsome King appear to be a good marriage. People were so beautifully dressed. They could forget their jobs for a few days to have fun. Despite that they were really "underdeveloped", for example, they just have had Television for ten few years, still, they can sing and they can dance. They said, happiness is not only from the material, but (largely) from the spirit.

Now I used the old Nokia phone from my father. I lost all the apps. I could not watch News and Youtube using this phone. Making SMS would be more difficult since I am not familiar with the physical buttons. And I could not take photographs. But then? My father gave me a phone, which is a genuine phone that was without any additional use. And still I could talk to people I want to talk. Who cares if I can finally have a healthy Nexus One back? Happiness is not only from the material, but from the spirit. The Kings of the Bhutan were the tutors of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment