8 Oct 2011

Letter


Tomorrow Hong Kong Post will host an event called "One Person, One Letter". It is to promote making letter and mailing--not e-mailing, please bear with me.

It is indeed an interesting idea that we should all go and join. Writing, not messaging can reveal the character of one. The passages and the handwriting counts. In this day and age, however, we are all too used to making texts on the touch screen and forget how to write something that really come from our heart. Don't you agree with me? We type texts only nowadays. Writing, especially writing a letter, has been an ancient activity.

However, despite that we are still able to hold a pen and write on a blank page, we may not be able to express it properly. Instead of writing to express our emotion, we are all accustomed to putting smileys in our messages nowadays. It is funny but it is also naive, if you put a smiley in a write paper using a black pen. Everything in the letter will be destroyed with a smile.

In this world, I don't have so many things to say. But to her, I have something to tell. Of a thousands houses long, I can write a letter to her. The blank sheet perhaps is not able to contain my heart and soul. But let it be. Let it be! She will see it and she can know everything from me.

Sigh! What I don't have is her address.

No comments:

Post a Comment